The third Monday of January is considered one of the most depressing days of the year and it’s easy to see why: think frigid temperatures, unsustainable New Year’s resolutions and incoming holiday credit card bills. Bringing a happy dose of orange to the cold and gloomy streets of Toronto and Montreal, Sunwing created a mini beach on wheels, decked out with sights, sounds and even sand of a sunny paradise. The ultimate photo-op and Instagram-worthy prop, guests had a chance to warm up, relax in a hammock and take a much-needed travel break, complete with free Mexican food and a live Mariachi band, as well as win with scratch-and-save cards offer travel vouchers. Having such a great visual, PUNCH took this beach on wheels to key media partners and influencers the Friday before Blue Monday to generate digital and social pre-awareness and help drive consumer traffic to the activation sites on Monday. To capture traditional media interest PUNCH leveraged survey data to showcase the long-term, positive benefits of vacationing on mental well-being.
As a result of the Blue Monday events, PUNCH secured:
· The takeover of 1 beach on wheels
· A dedicated media tour and influencer event resulting in 5.9 million traditional/social media impressions
· A record-breaking day of sales!
· Tons of fun user-generated visual assets
· Fabulous digital and social content/coverage in outlets such as CBC, BlogTO, Daily Hive and Style Democracy
Blue Monday Events